APOLLO 11 Giant SCREEN DOME MOVIE EXPERIENCE
med to the 50th anniversary of NASA’s celebrated Apollo 11 mission, APOLLO 11: First Steps Edition is a thrilling cinematic experience that showcases the real-life moments of humankind’s first steps on the moon.
In this special giant-screen edition created exclusively for science centers and museum theaters of Todd Douglas Miller’s critically acclaimed Apollo 11 documentary, the filmmakers reconstruct the exhilarating final moments of preparation, liftoff, landing and return of this historic mission—one of humanity’s greatest achievements and the first to put men on the moon.
With a newly-discovered trove of never-before-seen 70mm footage and audio recordings, APOLLO 11: First Steps Edition joins Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins, the Mission Control team and millions of spectators around the world, during those momentous days and hours in 1969 when humankind took a giant leap into the future.
Directed by Todd Douglas Miller, APOLLO 11: First Steps Edition is produced by Statement Pictures in partnership with CNN Films and presented by Land Rover. The film is distributed by MacGillivray Freeman Films. Run time: 47 min.
“Entirely Awe-Inspiring” – NY Times
“Completely Riveting” – LA Times
“Not Just Good, But Magnificent” – Wall Street Journal
WHY SEE IT AT A DOME THEATER
- A sensory experience of motion, sound and sight surrounded with images that provide a feeling of “being there”
- Exclusive edition for Science Centers and Museums
- 76′ wide dome with a 30 degree titled platform
- Largest film frame in motion picture history
- The large frame and 180 degree fish-eye lens enables superb picture quality on a screen 10x larger than a traditional theater
- Domes reproduce a more natural looking image with an unlimited number of vanishing points in all directions
- Domes give you an incredible feeling of immersion (nothing to distract your attention)
- Enhances feeling of motion