CRADLE OF AVIATION’S OWN NON-PROFIT CON CELEBRATES LOCAL TALENT, COSPLAYERS, & COMMUNITY AND ALL YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS
Garden City, N.Y. May 22, 2019 – The Cradle of Aviation’s own non-profit, comic, & collectible con, Cradle Con, is back with new artists, cosplayers, panels, and vendors celebrating Long Island and all our favorites; Star Wars, Avengers, Funkos, Marvel, DC Comics, Doctor Who and more.
One special guest in particular is comic artist and visionary Edgardo Miranda- Rodriguez who is changing the comic universe by introducing diverse and powerful characters, all while raising money to restore Puerto Rico.
ABOUT EDGARDO MIRANDA-RODRIGUEZ
- Artist & creator of LA BORINQUEÑA a female comic book hero and symbol of patriotism, social justice, & equality for Latinx community (and a female character with a normal body form) And she has a Chinese-Dominican sidekick.
- Creator of Ricanstruction Comic anthology where proceeds go towards rebuilding Puerto Rico
- He also co-owns “Daryl Makes Comics” with Darryl DMC McDaniels from RUN DMC
Cradle-Con is a local, non-profit, affordable, accessible event where local artists, vendors, and cosplayers are celebrated and where attendees of all ages can find their passion and have fun. Save when you buy tix online before 5/31. Visit cradlecon.com for complete list of guests, vendors, panels, and exciting experiences available.
- Sat, June 1st 10am – 7pm – Sun, June 2nd 10am – 5pm
- Day of Event Tix $25 Adult; $12 Kids (2-12)
- Advance Tickets Now – May 31st $20 Adults: $10 Kids (2-12); Weekend Pass $30
- Free Parking
- Local Artists, Jay Stuart of Poppy Cock Productions, (Westbury), Tom Travers (Battle Skull) (Williston Park), Miya Crummel (Freeport), James Avila (Melville), Tammy L. Jackson (East Elmhurst)
- Popular Vendors: Best Comics, 4thWorld Comics, The Comic Book Depot (Wantagh)
- Star Wars Cosplay (501st Region, Empire City Garrision) Jedi Training (Saber Guild- Endor Temple
- Other cosplayers include the popular New York Avengers, Babs Butcher, Barbie Chula, Bronx Spidey
COSPLAY Over 50 professional cosplayers will be appearing with Cosplay Contests for convention attendees (Saturday, ages 16+; Sunday 15 and under). Cosplay favorites from the 501st Region, Empire City Garrison group return portraying beloved Star Wars characters interacting with attendees for photos and fun. Also returning is the entertaining Saber Guild –Endor Temple performers offering two Train to Be a Jedi experiences, Padawan Training for ages 5-12 and Intro to Light Saber Choreography for ages 13+. And attendees can extend their Endgame experience with Cradle Con first time visitors, the non-profit, New York Avengers featuring Co-Founder of Sam Comic and cosplayer Samantha Catalano and cosplayer and podcaster, Babs Butcher.
RETRO VIDEO GAMING The Long Island Retro Video Game Expo presents The Retro Video Game Lounge at Cradle-Con 2019, featuring over 50 classic video games, play classic titles like Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, N64, and PlayStation. We are also dusting off some of the arcade classics from the museum collection such as Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Spy Hunter, Tetris, Frogger, Space Invaders, Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat and many more. And offering classic tournaments for players of all levels.
About Cradle Con Cradle-Con was founded in June 2018 in an effort to raise funds for the Cradle of Aviation’s Museum and Education Center’s Women in STEM Education programs. The programs are designed to empower and enrich education for girls and young women to excel in the science and tech-based jobs of the future.
- Local, affordable, accessible event where local artists, vendors, and cosplayers are celebrated and where attendees have many choices of entertainment; can relax and have fun
- Curated by fans with input by fans
- Free Parking
- All proceeds benefit Preservation and Education Programs
- Awe-inspiring space serves as ideal backdrop for cosplayers to take photos
- Well organized-event; manageable floor layout
The Cradle of Aviation Museum and Education Center is home to over 75 planes and spacecraft representing over 100 years of aviation history and Long Island’s only Giant Screen Dome Theater. Currently, the museum is celebrating “Countdown to Apollo at 50” sponsored by the Robert D.L. Gardiner Foundation, showcasing Long Island and Grumman’s significant role in the Apollo program. The Museum was recently recognized and listed on New York State’s National Register of Historic Places as a significant part of American history. The museum is located on Museum Row, Charles Lindbergh Blvd., in East Garden City. For more information call (516) 572-4111 or visit www.cradleofaviation.org.